A resounding thank you to my good friend C.B. Wentworth for nominating me for the Leibster Blog Award! I still feel new to the blog world, and her continued support and encouragement has meant so much. She is by far one of the most talented and creative souls I’ve every met, so make sure you check out her blog!
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.
– – –
Questions from C.B. Wentworth:
1) If you could have one superpower what would it be? I think I’d like to fly. I would say I’d want to read people’s minds, but I don’t think I want to know what people are truly thinking!
2) What is something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do? (What’s stopping you?) I’ve always wanted to learn how to speak another language. The only thing stopping me is an extreme lack of talent in that area! No matter how hard I try, every language teacher I’ve ever had has passed me out of pity.
3) What is your favorite movie? This is a REALLY tough one for me, but I have to go with Ghostbusters. It just doesn’t get better than Dan Akroyd’s “Free floating fantasm” line.
4) Mac or PC? Why? MAC!!! I have been totally converted after being forced to use a MAC for work. Less viruses, user-friendly (once you get used to it), and true color screens are just a few reasons!
5) If your home was one fire and you had time to grab one thing, what would it be? My hard drive!! You can never replace photographs. And my entire closet, of course. 🙂
6.) Who do you admire most? Why? I know it sounds cheesy, but I really admire my husband. He is patient and wise. He is very careful about what he says and how he says it. He stays cheerful when I’m being a crazy worrywart. And he plays the Double Rainbow YouTube video for me sometimes in the morning because he knows that it makes me happy.
7) What do you think you’ll be doing five years from now? Hopefully I will be completely debt free, still working where I am now, and taking my photography to the next level!
8) What is your idea of a perfect day? A fire, a good movie and my dogs curled up beside me. I think this quote from Office Space sums it up perfectly: “I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be.”
9) Coffee or tea? Tea! Coffee makes me jittery.
10.) If a magazine hired you to write an article about any topic you want, what would it be? I’d write an article titled “In Defense of Capitalism”. 🙂
11) What charity or organization means the most to you? Any organization that helps animals. I have a tender place in my heart for animals, especially dogs. We try to give to the Dachshund Rescue of North America as often as we can.
_ __ _
11 Random Facts:
1) I have a serious weakness for quirky clothing prints. I recently bought a dress that has little telephones all over it!
2) If you want to make me laugh, talk like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
3) I hate hiking, but I manage to always be going on a hiking trip. I think I like the idea of hiking more than hiking itself…
4) Deep down inside I want the History Channel to call me to do an interview for one of their documentaries. I can’t believe I just admitted to that.
5) I feel horrible for not wanting to talk during a massage.
6) I still can’t accept the fact that I’m over 30.
7) Someday, I want to move to a small town. The city is much too fast-paced for me.
8) In my house, the word “nasty” is a term of endearment. I don’t know how or why, but it is.
9) I have a passionate hatred of animal abuse and Communism.
10) I love to travel, but honestly, I usually dread going on a trip before I leave. I really have to force myself to travel because if I had it my way I’d just stay at home with my dogs. (See my answer to question 8 above)
11) I have a crush on Fox Mulder from The X-Files. I can’t believe I admitted to that either.
– – –
All of these blogs are amazing and unique. I hope you get a chance to visit each one!!
– – –
11 New Questions:
1) If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
2) If you had to pick a different name for yourself, what would it be?
3) Do you think that the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012?
4) Who was your all-time favorite president? Why?
5) If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be? What would you do?
6) If you had only one more day to live, what life advice would you give to your loved ones?
7) Who is your favorite Bond?
8) If you could be really important to the world, in what way would you want to make an impact?
9) If you could go spend a month anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go and what would you do?
10) If you could be a world-renowned expert on something, what would it be?
11) What is your biggest (or better yet, strangest) pet peeve?